Why should I choose Java software development? What are the Pros and Cons?
Table of Contents
- It’s free cost, download it and start creating application.
- Open source with quite large community base.
- Lots of available third party libraries, frameworks & IDE for fast development cycles(Spring, Hibernate, Struts, Eclipse, IntelliJ).
- Platform independent, write once run on most modern platform(Windows, Unix, Linux, Mac & 32/64 bit hardware.)
- Supports Object Oriented Programming, easy to model real life scenarios into object model.
- very good support for internationalization.
- Memory management is automatic by use of garbage collector(G1, Concurrent Mark Sweep, Parallel scavenge garbage collector etc..)
- In built support for multi-threading. Java can very efficiently utilize the maximum of given hardware(Thread, Fork/Join, Executores, etc..)
- Pure java byte code running on 32 bite JVM works perfectly fine on 64 bit platform.
- It’s improving year by year.
- Is not good for desktop applications because of heavy memory footprint and huge VM startup time compared to any C/C++ written applications.
- Normal Java is not good for real time systems because of stop the world garbage collector pause.